EPM For IT
IT Department Challenges
- The absence of an automated, centralized resource pool to manage resources’ allocations and availability.
- The lack of automation in projects, programs or portfolio reporting. Project reports and information are manually generated consuming valuable resource time and delivering inconsistent report information.
- The inability to capture project benefits realization.
- Project cost management tracking is done manually generating inconsistencies. As project cost data is usually manually transferred from project management to ERP tools, many inconsistencies can be found in reporting.
- Because of the manual process of project reporting, data is frequently double handled or entered in different tools and systems, creating an Information duplication and resulting inefficient use of valuable resource time.
- The absence of a simple access repository for project related information such as documents, issues, and risks.
IPM Consulting provides the answer to these challenges with its preconfigured EPM for IT Departments Solution which delivers:
- notification and security controlled access settings.
- Cost estimate and benefit realization templates including financial and non-financial considerations.
- Organizational project impact assessment matrix.
- Project selection and portfolio optimization matrix including budget and resource availability constraints
- An enterprise resource pool, including teams, generic resources, cost resources and skills
- Programs, Portfolios, Projects, Resources and Tasks online views and dashboards (including traffic-light KPIs) with the ability to export to MS Excel.
- Defining a security model.
- Creating automated template-driven SharePoint project workspaces where documents, risks, issues, change requests and other project data is recorded and centrally maintained
- Capturing resources efforts spent on project and/or non-project tasks through time sheets and/or project status interface.